Wilson Morgan Softball ComplexHome | Photos | Events | History | Rental/Rules Information | Park Rules | Video | Awards Received | Past Tournaments | Strike Zone Batting Cages |
Strike Zone Batting Cages
Wilson Morgan Softball Complex Batting Cage
Is Closed Until Further Notice
300 Beltline Road, SW
Decatur, AL 35601
Spring 2014 Hours TBA
Automated Batting Cages
• Cage 1 -50- 55 mph baseball only
• Cage 2 -40-45 mph baseball only
• Cage 3 - Slow pitch softball only
• Cage 4 - Slow pitch softball only
• Cage 5 - Slow pitch softball only
• Cage 6 - Fast pitch softball only
Batting Cage Rules
1) Batters must use helmets at all times-
2) If machines are pitching out of the strike zone
immediately alert the attendant.
3) Only one batter in the cages at a time- No
coaches allowed in cages during pitches.
4) No switch hitting during pitches.
5) Batter must wear shoes.
6) No persons under the influence of drugs or
alcohol are allowed to use the cages.
7) Report all accidents immediately.
8) Players should be alert at all times.
Punch-out Card of
30-minute cage rental
1-hour cage rental
|Point Mallard Strike Zone|
The Many Benefits
From Hitting in the Cage
Repetition - the average major league baseball player takes over 300 swings per day. Seeing pitches over and over will offer the opportunity to become a better hitter mentally and physically.
Focus on contact - it is important to see the ball and to swing through the ball when hitting. Remember to keep your head down and eye on the ball!
Batting Fundamentals - work on the proper hitting fundamentals to reach your maximum potential: stance, bat grip, ready position, load-up, squish, swing, follow thru, release, bat speed - increase your timing in the cage.
Work on ball placement to different locations - hit to the opposite side, hit away, slap hit, or bunt.
Warm up swings before games - loosen your swing up before game time so that you are prepared both mentally and physically for the game.