Special Olympics Win Big
Special Olympics State Games
On Friday, May 18th, forty nine Special Olympic athletes from Morgan County boarded a bus from the Aquadome Recreation Center to Troy University to compete in the annual Special Olympics State Games. These athletes brought home numerous Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals to make Decatur proud. Morgan County was represented in aquatics, bocce, bowling, unified bowling, golf, and equestrian.
- Aquatics - Ricky England, Jamie Sims, Charles Debacker, Travis English, Shea Griffin, Shawn Thorn, Neil Christopher, Lane Barnes, Kesha Buttram, Patrick Mckee, Brig Spearman, and Josh Gifford (also on the team – Ricky Jones)
- Bocce - Brandon Downs, Faron Bradford, April Parker, Ruby Knighten, Shawn Sanders, Teresa Noble, Casey Morris, and Mike Baggett
- Bowling - Jackie Fuller, Darryl Fuller, and Max Walden
- Unified Bowling - Hunter Harris, Samantha Busby, Teresa Busby, Jeff Corder, Jenny Edwards, Shannon Robinson, Brandon Orme, and Jessica Williams
- Golf - Trevor Davis, Matt Parker, Chad Quattlebaum, Andrew Orman, Cody Romine, Maurice Romine, and Lucas Compton
- Equestrian - Daniel Jackson, Sarah Bracken, Annette Baisden, Clinton Arnold, Wendy Terry, and Marty Childers
These athletes have trained and practiced all year to be able to compete at the State level. They have all worked really hard and we are very proud of each and every one of our many athletes.