Jimmy Johns Tennis ComplexHome | Photos | Events | History | The Bubble | Clay Courts | 16 Hard Courts |
August 22, 1927 - October 13, 1973
On June 5, 1974, the Jimmy Johns Tennis Center was dedicated in memory of Jimmy Johns. He was a founding member of the Decatur Men's Tennis Association, serving as its president in the late 1960's. He was an excellent tennis player, winning the Men's Singles Championship three consecutive years from 1950-1952.
Jimmy was an all-around athlete. He played football at Riverside High School as one of "Shorty's Boys" (Coach Ogle), as well as basketball and baseball.
Jimmy was inducted into the Morgan County Sports Hall of Fame on July 25, 1992.