Ingalls Harbor PavilionHome | Photos | Events | Ingalls Pavilion Rental Information |
802-A Wilson Street, NW
Decatur, AL 35601
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Ingalls' Iron Works was originally established in 1910 by Robert Ingalls, in Titusville, Alabama, and grew to be the largest steel company in the region. The shipyard in Decatur, Alabama, on the Tennessee River, was started in 1937. As World War II approached, the yard’s small size forced Ingalls to look for a bigger site, first in Birmingham, Alabama, then in Chickasaw, Georgia, and finally in Pascagoula, Mississippi. Ingalls’ shipbuilding interests were sold to Litton Industries in 1961 then to Trinity Industries in 1981. Trinity closed the Decatur yard due to inspections that revealed the yard’s facilities were outdated and would require significant capital investment. Trinity opted to shut down the yard, ending 44 years of shipbuilding in Decatur.
|Follow Us On Facebook|
The pavilion seats 1,200+ people and may be used as an open air facility or enclosed with glass doors and heating which allows practical use throughout the year. The Ingalls Harbor Pavilion is wonderful for our multiple fishing tournaments and other special events held throughout the year. The facility is available for private rentals on the 1/2 day (6 hours) or full day (15 hours max).
• 19 ft by 12 ft conference room available
• Men’s, women’s and family restroom facilities
• 202 parking spaces; 7 ADA spaces
• Outdoor patio with fireplace
• 15 overhead doors (11 ft wide by 14 ft tall) can allow The Pavilion to be an open air facility. Close the doors and the Pavilion becomes a closed facility
• Tractor trailer access for larger staged events; designed to accommodate large entertainment attractions
• Heated; with three large rotary fans for air circulation
• Complete audio-visual capabilities provided; 32-speaker audio system with remote control systems
• Spatial use can be adapted from a family reunion picnic to a BASS
weigh-in, from a live band concert venue to a black tie gala. Its only limit is the imagination!
• Commercial grade catering kitchen