Ingalls Harbor Pavilion
| Ingalls Pavilion Rental Information
Click HERE for the Pavilion Contract
802-A Wilson Street, NW
Decatur, AL 35601
PO Box 1315
Decatur, AL 35602
ATTN: Skylar Mills
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Ingalls' Iron Works was originally established in 1910 by Robert Ingalls, in Titusville, Alabama, and grew to be the largest steel company in the region. The shipyard in Decatur, Alabama, on the Tennessee River, was started in 1937. As World War II approached, the yard’s small size forced Ingalls to look for a bigger site, first in Birmingham, Alabama, then in Chickasaw, Alabama, and finally in Pascagoula, Mississippi. Ingalls’ shipbuilding interests were sold to Litton Industries in 1961 then to Trinity Industries in 1981. Trinity closed the Decatur yard due to inspections that revealed the yard’s facilities were outdated and would require significant capital investment. Trinity opted to shut down the yard, ending 44 years of shipbuilding in Decatur.
In 2001, Decatur-Morgan County Tourism voted to self-impose a room occupancy fee, the proceeds of which would be used for tourism product development. With funds generated from this self-imposed room occupancy fee, Ingalls Harbor was built and rests on 27 acres on the south side of the Tennessee River.
Construction began in the summer of 2011 for the new entertainment pavilion at Ingalls Harbor. The 27,000-square foot multi-purpose pavilion (specifications) more than doubles the city’s capacity for hosting large gatherings and opens the opportunity for even bigger and better things for Decatur and Morgan County allowing the River City to continue to attract national tournaments as well as additional family-friendly activities, corporate events, expositions, outdoor shows, art exhibitions and festivals.
$2,000 full day rental, 15-hour maximum, set-up time, event time, breakdown time
$200 mandatory custodial fee
$1,200 half-day rental, 6-hour maximum, set-up time, event time, breakdown time
$200 mandatory custodial fee
Includes 60 round tables, 600 matching folding chairs, ten 8-foot and eight 6-foot rectangular tables
$200 pavilion staff sets up tables and chairs
$100 flat rate for audio visual: microphones, projector screen, podium
$200 per hour for additional hours added to the rental time
JWs Steakhouse Pavilion Beverage Services
Exclusive provider for alcohol at Ingalls Pavilion (256-303-2164 or 256-476-0788)
City ordinance requires all music off at midnight.
TO RESERVE A DATE:
(1) Submit completed contract
(2) Submit deposit which is one-half the total rental fee on page two of the CONTRACTS
> Remember, dates are not "held" for any length of time. Reservations are made for the first to submit a contract and deposit.
|Dates are reserved for the first to make a deposit.
|Dates will not be HELD for any length of time.
|Your contract AND deposit must be submitted at the same time.
Fire Marshal Regulation
Six feet clearance both sides and in front of EXIT doors
The pavilion seats 1,200+ people and may be used as an open air facility or enclosed with glass doors and heating which allows practical use throughout the year. The Ingall's Harbor Pavilion is wonderful for our multiple fishing tournaments and other special events held year-round. The facility is available for private rentals on the one-half day (6 hours) or full day (15 hours). Additional time is $200 per hour.
• 23,000 square feet multi-purpose space
• 4,000 square feet support & servcie areas
• Accommodates up ro 1,200 people
• 9 ft by 12 ft conference room available
• Men’s, women’s and family restroom facilities
• 202 parking spaces; 7 ADA spaces
• Outdoor patio with fireplace
• 15 overhead doors (11 ft wide by 14 ft tall) can allow the Pavilion
to be an open air facility. Close the doors and the Pavilion becomes a closed facility
• Tractor trailer access for larger staged events; designed to accommodate large entertainment attractions
• Heated; with three large rotary fans for air circulation
• Complete audio-visual capabilities provided; 32-speaker audio system with remote control systems
• Spatial use can be adapted from a family reunion picnic to a BASS weigh-in, from a live band concert venue to a black tie gala. Its only limit is the imagination!
• Commercial grade catering kitchen
Floor Plan Outlets
Post Event Review