Home | Photos | Events | Facilities | Parks | Leagues | Programs | Helpful Links | Home | State Chess Championship | Awards Luncheon | Ingalls Pavilion | Fit 'N Female | Old State Bank | SoulStock | River City Shootout | First Guests at Ingalls Pavilion | Employment | Special Olympics | Lacrosse in Decatur | Sign Him Up! | Life at a Recreation Center | Kids on July 4th | Trunk or Treat | Parks & Recreation News | Featured Events | Happy Hearts Quilt Show | TC Almon Activities | Regional Special Olympics | Special Olympics Win Big | Riverwild | Summer Swim Lessons | National Special Olympic Games | Summer Camps | Riverwild Grand Opening | Tree Replacement Program | Welcome New Employee | TAG | Therapeutics | Ribbon Cutting & Tournament | Are You an Instructor? | Health Benefits of Running | Punt, Pass & Kick | World Series Champions! | NFL Punt, Pass & Kick | The Open Cup | Old State Bank | The Open Cup | Two State Tennis Tournaments | Women's Soccer | Ingalls Pavilion | Why Team Sports? | Trunk or Treat 2013 | The Open Cup | Travel Marketing Professional | The Open Cup | Women's Softball Invitational | The Big Deal | Three Assistant Supervisors | The Benefits of Swimming | Cast Your Vote | State Championship Here | DPR Staff | Sponsorships | Summer Swim Lessons | NASL Fall Classic | Sock Hop! | Lifeguard | Spring Tea Party | Attributes of Recreation | Third Friday | Sportsmanship: A Deeper Understanding | Senior Art Exhibit | Facilities Pictures | Recreation Complex | Why a Softball League | Hit The Road | Parks & Recreation | Benefits of Reading | Amphitheater | Research Project | Presidents Cup | Seven Reasons for Camp | Google Panoramio | Batting Cages Create Great Hitters | Benefits of Baton | Basketball Boot Camp | Mad Hatter Tea Party | A Look at Decatur | Ft. Decatur Kids Day Camp | Great News |
Special Olympics Win Big
Special Olympics State Games
On Friday, May 18th, forty nine Special Olympic athletes from Morgan County boarded a bus from the Aquadome Recreation Center to Troy University to compete in the annual Special Olympics State Games. These athletes brought home numerous Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals to make Decatur proud. Morgan County was represented in aquatics, bocce, bowling, unified bowling, golf, and equestrian.
- Aquatics - Ricky England, Jamie Sims, Charles Debacker, Travis English, Shea Griffin, Shawn Thorn, Neil Christopher, Lane Barnes, Kesha Buttram, Patrick Mckee, Brig Spearman, and Josh Gifford (also on the team – Ricky Jones)
- Bocce - Brandon Downs, Faron Bradford, April Parker, Ruby Knighten, Shawn Sanders, Teresa Noble, Casey Morris, and Mike Baggett
- Bowling - Jackie Fuller, Darryl Fuller, and Max Walden
- Unified Bowling - Hunter Harris, Samantha Busby, Teresa Busby, Jeff Corder, Jenny Edwards, Shannon Robinson, Brandon Orme, and Jessica Williams
- Golf - Trevor Davis, Matt Parker, Chad Quattlebaum, Andrew Orman, Cody Romine, Maurice Romine, and Lucas Compton
- Equestrian - Daniel Jackson, Sarah Bracken, Annette Baisden, Clinton Arnold, Wendy Terry, and Marty Childers
These athletes have trained and practiced all year to be able to compete at the State level. They have all worked really hard and we are very proud of each and every one of our many athletes.