Home | Photos | Events | Facilities | Parks | Leagues | Programs | Helpful Links | Home | State Chess Championship | Opening Day-Decatur DYB | Awards Luncheon | Ingalls Pavilion | Fit 'N Female | Kicking off the Christmas Season | By the Numbers | SoulStock | Basketball Camp | Decatur Dixie Darling Recital | River City Shootout | Alabama Grand Prix | First Guests at Ingalls Pavilion | Brenda Vandiver | Arbor Day 2011 | Employment | March for Prenatal Health | Special Olympics | Ingalls Pavilion | Decatur Dixie Debs U18 | Julian Rice Walker | Kids on July 4th | Trunk or Treat | Centennial SportsPlex Results | Parks & Recreation News | Featured Events | Arts 'n Autism | Decatur Dixie Darlings | Kid's Day Camp | Governor's Cup | Now Hiring | Austin High School | Regional Special Olympics | Special Olympics Win Big | Outdoor Camp | Riverwild | Beautification Nominations | Summer Swim Lessons | Austin Lady Black Bears | Riverwild Grand Opening | Tree Replacement Program | Now Hiring! | Welcome New Employee | Hooked on Fishing Not on Drugs | Ribbon Cutting & Tournament | Alabama Smart Yards | John Paul Marusak | Angler of the Year | Kawa Shi Judo Club | Are You an Instructor? | Punt, Pass & Kick | World Series Champions! | 3v3 Tournament | NUCOR Children's Christmas | P.H.A.T | Compliment! | NFL Punt, Pass & Kick | Belly Dancing | The Open Cup | Old State Bank | UAH Chargers | Open Cup | 2011 NaNoWriMo Success | The Open Cup | Two State Tennis Tournaments | Women's Soccer | EGGstravaganza | NAFECO | Ingalls Pavilion | Beautification Award | The Open Cup | Chess Club | Travel Marketing Professional | Contest | The Open Cup | Charger Chillout! | Charger Chillout | Women's Softball Invitational | The Big Deal | Three Assistant Supervisors | How to Read a Nutrition Label | Decatur Is Number One | The Benefits of Swimming | New Assistant Supervisors | Brazilian Martial Arts | Cast Your Vote | Doubleshot | State Championship Here | DPR Staff | Man-Up | Summer Swim Lessons | Lego-Botics Club | Concerts by the River | March Madness Recap | NASL Fall Classic | Sock Hop! | Nominations | Lifeguard | Decatur Youth Symphony | Spring Tea Party | Third Friday | Sportsmanship: A Deeper Understanding | Senior Art Exhibit | Recreation Complex | Why a Softball League | Benefits of Water Exercise | Archery | Parks & Recreation | Amphitheater |
Special Olympics Win Big
Special Olympics State Games
On Friday, May 18th, forty nine Special Olympic athletes from Morgan County boarded a bus from the Aquadome Recreation Center to Troy University to compete in the annual Special Olympics State Games. These athletes brought home numerous Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals to make Decatur proud. Morgan County was represented in aquatics, bocce, bowling, unified bowling, golf, and equestrian.
- Aquatics - Ricky England, Jamie Sims, Charles Debacker, Travis English, Shea Griffin, Shawn Thorn, Neil Christopher, Lane Barnes, Kesha Buttram, Patrick Mckee, Brig Spearman, and Josh Gifford (also on the team – Ricky Jones)
- Bocce - Brandon Downs, Faron Bradford, April Parker, Ruby Knighten, Shawn Sanders, Teresa Noble, Casey Morris, and Mike Baggett
- Bowling - Jackie Fuller, Darryl Fuller, and Max Walden
- Unified Bowling - Hunter Harris, Samantha Busby, Teresa Busby, Jeff Corder, Jenny Edwards, Shannon Robinson, Brandon Orme, and Jessica Williams
- Golf - Trevor Davis, Matt Parker, Chad Quattlebaum, Andrew Orman, Cody Romine, Maurice Romine, and Lucas Compton
- Equestrian - Daniel Jackson, Sarah Bracken, Annette Baisden, Clinton Arnold, Wendy Terry, and Marty Childers
These athletes have trained and practiced all year to be able to compete at the State level. They have all worked really hard and we are very proud of each and every one of our many athletes.